Wednesday, March 9, 2011

And lent begins

So I'm not catholic, but I do like to give things up for lent. Just something interesting to do. So what am I giving up? Well I'm giving up negativity about my body. I realized that I can not truly accept a compliment on my body. If someone says something like wow you are quite fit. I acknowledge it, but I don't really accept it. I kinda dismiss it. For example a customer would ask if the bodybuilding trophy is mine, I'd say no that's my co-workers I clearly am not a bodybuilder or something like that. Well the were in a way complimenting me and I didn't accept it. When others say something about how I look bigger I say yeah I try and dismiss it as they are trying to get on my good side. If my friends say something I chalk it up to them just being my friends. So I'm going to accept compliments. I mean truly accept them. Say thank you if someone compliments me and not dismiss it. I'm also giving up the words hate, annoy, and OMG. I realize I use hate and annoy a lot and it kinda makes me a bit negative. Plus it always freaks my boss out when I say someone annoys me. As for OMG I just use that way too much. That just means I'm going to have to carry a pad with me to keep it at the top of my mind.
Wow that's kinda all I have. Amazing how when I don't go to the gym I have nothing to really go on about. Yesterday was a pretty decent day. Not a lot went on.
Last night I got to watch the latest episode of RuPaul's Drag Race. In this episode the queens have to do stand up comedy. Well of course I had to post it today. I will say I wasn't happy with who had to go home, but kinda knew it was coming. Of the two queens in the bottom I wanted the person that stayed to stay, but also didn't want the other to go home. Ugh it was a hard one. But it was a really good lip sync for your life. Today's tip is you know you have an addiction when the thought of giving something up freaks you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment