Tuesday, February 23, 2010

New morning

So instead of having to get up as early as I usually do on days when I have to work the new store I get to sleep in a little bit. Like an hour, but that means a lot to me. There are days where I still have to go in early, but sleeping in at least 2 days out of the 5 weekdays means a bunch. I however did get up in time to see a story that made me say what the hell. I'm sure you all know about the suicidal man that crashed into the IRS building in Austin, Texas. Well his daughter apparently had a comment saying that her father was a hero and that people will listen now. Now I of course got really pissed for several reasons. 1. That is my home state. 2. How is being a kamikaze pilot heroic. That man could have killed far more then he did. So then I said ok wait a second maybe his daughter is pretty young and just didn't realize what her dad did. Well the daughter looks like she's 30 and is living in Norway. Lucky for her because if she was living in the US she'd have a literal ton of hate mail and death threats and would need a bodyguard 24/7/365. She then later retracted that statement and said her father was not heroic in what he did and felt bad for what her father did. I think her mom called her up on the phone and said she had clearly lost her mind. I mean I can't imagine ever calling someone that does something like that heroic. Not even if that building was full of nazis and racist and known terrorists. For the simple fact that the building could have fallen over and crushed tons of innocent people. I just know if I was the daughter I would fly back over here and apologize to every single one of those IRS workers, to everyone that was near that building when her fathers plane hit, and do tons of community service to make up for saying such a horrible statement. I even retweeted the Good Morning America article about it. Like I said it just makes me sick that anyone would say that. Oh and for those keeping notes. I did actually work out yesterday and will probably do it again. I think I'm now that guy that has to work out a certain number of times a week to feel decent. It's probably because I'm finally seeing results and I want them to get better. Tomorrow I am taking off though since it's my comedy night. Today's video is one from the game space channel 5 part 2. Note that it is not me playing. I never had the game. I just had a demo version that let you play part of the 1st level. I don't know why I like this scene so much. I guess because you know that would so never happen in real life. Or because it's just the big finale. Either way I love it and I actually have just the audio on my MP3 player and I do listen to it. If I was to get the game now I'd do pretty well since I have the audio for every single level unless they change it from play to play. Anyway enjoy the cheesiness. Today's tip is when kicking a ball on the ground make sure it's not of the bowling variety and that it's actually a ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment