Thursday, July 21, 2011

Didn't see that coming

Yesterday I was checking my e-mail and I got an e-mail from my gym which isn't odd. Then I looked at it and it looked like it was from the gym head quarters. Turns out that I was awarded the Presidential Active Lifestyle award. Basically for adults you have to be active at least 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week, for 6 out of 8 weeks. Well I've actually done that awhile ago, but it turns out that my gym keeps track of this so they sent me the e-mail congratulating me and giving me the link to the certificate. I must say it's pretty nice, but it would have been nicer if they actually filled it in for me. Not like they don't have my full name. At first I thought it was a scam, but since they aren't getting anything out of it it clearly wasn't. I then googled it to double check and yeah it's real. You can actually do it yourself by signing up for it online. I'm sure you then have to sign in, log what you did and for how long. If I had known about it ahead of time I would have gotten one the second it came out. Well not the second, but at least 6 weeks later. I've always worked out at least 5 days a week only recently have I moved up to 6 with 5 days at the gym instead of 4. Well either way I got it done and now I'm going to print it out and hang it up in the store. It's another conversation starter.

No comments:

Post a Comment